Westinghouse tubular SOFC technology [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (6 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A summary of significant developments and accomplishments which have recently occurred throughout the tubular Solidi Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) program include: Demonstration that thousands of tubular solid oxide fuel cells can be fabricated with consistent and reproducible performance. Continuous operation of a 3 kWe tubular SOFC system for over six months at a customer's test site. Demonstration of stable performance and lifetime in excess of 5,300 hours for a 3 kWe generator module, operating on desulfurized natural gas without external humidification. Demonstration of stable performance and life times in excess of 30,000 hours in multiple single cell tests. Design, construction and operation of a dedicated cell, module and generator Pre-Pilot Manufacturing Facility (PPMF). Successful 6,840 hour bundle tests of 50 cm. cells produced at the PPMF. Significant improvements in cell performance and life and marked reduction in cell degradation. Design, construction and successful operation of a 20 kWe tubular solid oxide fuel cell generator module. Design, construction, shipment and installation of 25 kWe (40 kWe peak power) field units.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/mc/28055-93/c0138
E 1.99: conf-921114--2
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Fuel cell seminar, Tucson, AZ (United States), 29 Nov - 2 Dec 1992.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14067899