Review of Variable Generation Forecasting in the West [electronic resource] : July 2013 - March 2014
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Office of Electricity Delivery & Energy Reliability, 2014. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 53 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.), United States. Office of Electricity Delivery & Energy Reliability, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This report interviews 13 operating entities (OEs) in the Western Interconnection about their implementation of wind and solar forecasting. The report updates and expands upon one issued by NREL in 2012. As in the 2012 report, the OEs interviewed vary in size and character; the group includes independent system operators, balancing authorities, utilities, and other entities. Respondents' advice for other utilities includes starting sooner rather than later as it can take time to plan, prepare, and train a forecast; setting realistic expectations; using multiple forecasts; and incorporating several performance metrics.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/2014., "nrel/sr-6a20-61035", "AGG-3-23466-01", and Porter, K.; Widiss, R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14069263