Strategy Guideline [electronic resource] : Application of a Construction Quality Process to Existing Home Retrofits
- Washington, D.C. : Building Technologies Program (U.S.), 2013. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 45 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.), Building Technologies Program (U.S.), and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Home Innovation Research Labs developed a construction quality process for new and existing high performance homes (HPH) in which high performance goals are established, specifications to meet those goals are defined, and construction monitoring points are added to the construction schedule so that critical energy efficiency details are systematically reviewed, documented, and tested in a timely manner. This report follows the evolution of the construction quality process from its development for new homes, to its application in the construction of a high performance home with enhanced specifications, and its application in a crawlspace renovation.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/01/2013., "doe/go-102013-3859", "KNDJ-0-40335-00", and Del Bianco, M.; Mallay, D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14069477