Strategy Guideline [electronic resource] : Quality Management in Existing Homes; Cantilever Floor Example
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2011.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 41 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This guideline is designed to highlight the QA process that can be applied to any residential building retrofit activity. The cantilevered floor retrofit detailed in this guideline is included only to provide an actual retrofit example to better illustrate the QA activities being presented. The goal of existing home high performing remodeling quality management systems (HPR-QMS) is to establish practices and processes that can be used throughout any remodeling project. The research presented in this document provides a comparison of a selected retrofit activity as typically done versus that same retrofit activity approached from an integrated high performance remodeling and quality management perspective. It highlights some key quality management tools and approaches that can be adopted incrementally by a high performance remodeler for this or any high performance retrofit. This example is intended as a template and establishes a methodology that can be used to develop a portfolio of high performance remodeling strategies.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/go-102011-3441
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Wood, A.; Sikora, J.; Wiehagen, J.; Taggart, J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14070114