Final Report ''Model-Based Approach to Soft-Sensing and Diagnosis for Control of a Continuous Digester'' [electronic resource].
- Newark, Del. : University of Delaware, 2003.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 27 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Delaware
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The goal of the work was to develop and demonstrate computing based modeling and control methodologies that will facilitate integrated operations on the continuous pulp digester. The technical work required to achieve these goals included development of efficient methods for soft-sensing using fundamental models, integration of fault monitoring and control algorithms, and the development of computationally feasible formulations of model predictive control for profile management in the digester. The developed operational methodology for digester grade transition control was benchmarked against an industrial design in cooperation with our collaborators at Weyerhaeuser and Westvaco.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Francis J. Doyle III.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 01/10/2000 - 04/09/2003
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14072794