Savings estimates for the ENERGY STAR (registered trademark) voluntary labeling program [electronic resource] : 2001 status report
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Environmental Protection Agency, 2002. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Environmental Protection Agency, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- ENERGY STAR(Registered Trademark) is a voluntary labeling program designed to identify and promote energy-efficient products, buildings and practices. Operated jointly by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), ENERGY STAR labels exist for more than thirty products, spanning office equipment, residential heating and cooling equipment, commercial and residential lighting, home electronics, and major appliances. This report presents savings estimates for a subset of ENERGY STAR program activities, focused primarily on labeled products. We present estimates of the energy, dollar and carbon savings achieved by the program in the year 2000, what we expect in 2001, and provide savings forecasts for two market penetration scenarios for the period 2001 to 2020. The target market penetration forecast represents our best estimate of future ENERGY STAR savings. It is based on realistic market penetration goals for each of the products. We also provide a forecast under the assumption of 100 percent market penetration; that is, we assume that all purchasers buy ENERGY STAR-compliant products instead of standard efficiency products throughout the analysis period.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/15/2002., "lbnl--48496", and Webber, Carrie A.; Brown, Richard E.; Koomey, Jonathan G.; Mahajan, Akshay.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
- AC03-76SF00098 and 483102
View MARC record | catkey: 14074231