Enzyme catalysts for a biotechnology-based chemical industry. Quarterly progress report, April 1--July 1, 1998 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- California Institute of Technology
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The goal of this research is to engineer enzymes to be efficient and economically attractive catalysts for the chemical industry. The author is attempting to demonstrate generally-applicable approaches to enzyme improvement as well as develop specific catalysts for potential industrial application. Progress on three tasks are described: Random mutagenesis of pNB esterase--improved activity and stability; Directed evolution of subtilisin E to enhance thermostability; and Methods for invitro recombination.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14076043