PMB-Waste [electronic resource] : An analysis of fluidized bed thermal treatment
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Defense, 1995. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Defense, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A fluidized bed treatment process was evaluated for solid waste from plastic media blasting of aircraft protective coating. The treatment objective is to decompose and oxidize all organic components, and concentrate all the hazardous metals in the ash. The reduced volume and mass are expected to reduce disposal cost. A pilot test treatment was done in an existing fluidized bed equipped with emissions monitors, and emissions within regulatory requirements were demonstrated. A economic analysis of the process is inconclusive due to lack of reliable cost data of disposal without thermal treatment.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/1995., "conf-9505255--1", "DE95014580", Department of Defense (DOD) conference on industry advanced coating removal, Albuquerque, NM (United States), 23-25 May 1995., and Lloyd, D.B.; Kass, M.D.; Gat, U.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14077209