PRE [electronic resource] : A framework for enterprise integration
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Sandia National Laboratories` Product Realization Environment (PRE) is a lightweight, CORBA based framework for the integration of a broad variety of applications. These applications are wrapped for use in the PRE framework as reusable components. For example, some of the PRE components currently available include: (1) product data management (PDM) system, (2) human resources database, several finite element analysis programs, and (3) a variety of image and document format converters. PRE enables the development of end user applications (as Java applets, for example) that use these components as building blocks. To aid such development, the PreLib library (available in both C++ and Java) permits both wrapping and using these components without knowledge of either CORBA or the security mechanisms used.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand--98-8505c
E 1.99: conf-980540--
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Distributed information infrastructure systems for manufacturing conference, Arlington, TX (United States), 18-20 May 1998.
Friedman-Hill, E.J.; Detry, R.J.; Whiteside, R.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14077539