Pre-Amp Box Platform Analysis [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 1989. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 40 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A platform to be used for the installation and repair of the high voltage pre-amp boxes on the CC cryostat has been designed to support a uniform load of 30 Ibs./sq. ft. However, according to the standards set by both the American National Standard and the Uniform Building Code, the minimum uniformly distributed design load for a structure used as an 'elevated platform or walkway' is 60 lbs./sq. ft. The existing platform was tested with a uniform load of 40 lbs./sq. ft. with no major problems occurring during the testing. Considering a 40 lbs./sq. ft. load to be the minimum acceptable value for 'residential' use, and the platform in hand to be better categorized as an 'elevated platform or walkway', the platform is carefully re-analyzed for a 60 lbs./sq. ft. uniformly distributed load.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/17/1989., "fermilab-d0-en-198", and Kirby, K.; Kurita, C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14077821