Compatibility of refrigerants and lubricants with elastomers. Quarterly report, 1 October 1992--30 December 1992 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 290 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Akron. Institute of Polymer Science
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The information contained in this report is designed to assist the air-conditioning and refrigeration industry in the selection of suitable elastomeric gasket and seal materials that will prove useful in various refrigerant and refrigeration lubricant environments. 97% of the swell measurements have been made to date. The other 3% of the measurements are contingent on availability of additional R-32. Swell behavior in the fluids have been determined using weight and in situ diameter measurements for the refrigerants and weight, diameter and thickness measurements for the lubricants. Weight and diameter measurements are repeated after 2 and 24 hours for samples removed from the refrigerant test fluids and 24 hours after removal from the lubricants.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Hamed, G.R.; Seiple, R.H.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Quarterly; 10/01/1992 - 12/31/1992
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14077838