A comprehensive program to develop correlations for the physical properties of Kraft black liquor. Interim report No. 3 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 93 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Florida
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The black liquor properties program has been conducted over this last period so as to systematically collect data on properties, liquor composition, and lignin characteristics very carefully by methods that have developed during this program. Complete data has been collected for Slash Pine black liquors made by experimental pulping at different pulping conditions. In addition, data has been collected for mill liquors and partial properties or composition data has been collected on Slash Pine black liquors. Data reduction methods have been developed or extended for correlation of viscosity, heat capacity, heat of dilution, and density. Correlation of properties to pulping conditions and of composition to. pulping conditions has begun. In most cases, data reduction methods have been developed that are fundamentally based and that have been shown to be generally applicable to all black liquors. In the near future, we fully expect to accomplish our goal of developing generalized correlations relating physical properties of Slash Pine kraft black liquors to liquor composition. This interim report reviews the methods used, describes examples of data reduction methods that have been developed, and presents some preliminary results for correlation of liquor composition and properties to pulping conditions for Slash Pine black liquors.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Dong, D.J.; Stoy, M.A.; Zaman, A.A.; Fricke, A.L.; Schmidl, G.W.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 09/01/1993 - 09/01/1993
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14078484