Age estimates of stratospheric air [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, 1973.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 15 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- It is shown that careful consideration of /sup 32/P//sup 7/Be ratios (both isotopes being generated in the atmosphere by cosmic radiation) not only yields information on the stratospheric or tropospheric origin of air masses. These ratios may also be used to determine the residence time in the stratosphere of tropospheric air that underwent upward transport through the tropopause and re-entered the troposphere at a later date. (auth)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Colorado State Univ., Fort Collins (USA). Dept. of Atmospheric Science
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14079906