Energy aspects of solid waste management [electronic resource] : Proceedings
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1990. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (193 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Illinois at Chicago, United States. Department of Energy, United States. Environmental Protection Agency, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Eighteenth Annual Illinois Energy Conference entitled Energy Aspects of Solid Waste Management'' was held in Chicago, Illinois on October 29--30, 1990. The conference program was developed by a planning committee that drew upon Illinois energy and environmental specialists from the major sectors including energy industries, environmental organizations, research universities, utility companies, federal, state and local government agencies, and public interest groups. Within this framework, the committee identified a number of key topic areas surrounding solid waste management in Illinois which were the focus of the conference. These issues included: review of the main components of the solid waste cycle in the Midwest and what the relative impact of waste reduction, recycling, incineration and land disposal might be on Illinois' and the Midwest's solid waste management program. Investigation of special programs in the Midwest dealing with sewage sludge, combustion residuals and medical/infectious wastes. Review of the status of existing landfills in Illinois and the Midwest and an examination of the current plans for siting of new land disposal systems. Review of the status of incinerators and waste-to-energy systems in Illinois and the Midwest, as well as an update on activities to maximize methane production from landfills in the Midwest.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1990., "doe/ch/10461-1", " conf-9010176--", "DE92011005", 18. annual Illinois energy conference energy aspects of solid waste management, Chicago, IL (United States), 29-30 Oct 1990., ILDENR, and Illinois Dept. of Energy and Natural Resources, Springfield, IL (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14080139