Technical progress report for U.S. Energy Research and Development Administration Contract # EY-76-S-02-2865 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Energy Research and Development Administration, 1977. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 11 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, United States. Energy Research and Development Administration, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Work performed from March 1976 to June 1977 in support of the ERDA net energy analysis program is summarized. A handbook was prepared for use by persons performing net energy analyses. It includes a standardized set of energy intensities for 357 types of goods and services, and embodies several methodological advances over earlier publications. Since many issues surrounding net energy analysis center on definitions of system boundaries, methods consistent with economic models used in the ERDA planning process were developed. Quantitative estimates were made for the effects of certain deviations from this ''standard,'' including internationalization of R and D expenditures, regulation, and capital investment. Current analyses are evaluating the applicability of more substantial deviations from current conventions. A method was developed for evaluating net energy impacts of energy conservation options, and for comparing them to supply development alternatives.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/30/1977., "coo--2865-9", and Bullard, C. W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14081104