Production test IP-543-A effluent sampling -- overbore tube. Final report [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1964.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Electric Company, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- It had been postulated that the increased film area of a charged overbore tube would be counterbalanced by the lower temperature fuel surface and decreased flux so that the radioisotope content of the effluent would be the same as that from a normal tube. In order to confirm or deny the postulate, Tube 3267-C was equipped with an effluent sample line under the provisions of PT-IP-543-A. Sampling and analytical work began in mid-April and continued through November, 1963. Effluent samples obtained from an overbore tube at C Reactor over a nine-month period were analyzed for P³², As⁷⁶ Np²³⁹ and Cr⁵¹. Based on the results obtained for these isotopes, it can be concluded that the radioisotope content of the effluent from an overbore tube will be the same as the radioisotope content of the effluent from a normal size tube operating under similar conditions.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:hw--75410-a
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 01/01/1964 - 01/01/1964
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14081451