IEA steel R and D study. Final report [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1979. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 16 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Following a recent IEA meeting of steel industry experts held in Stockholm in May 1979, a number of specific projects have been recommended as forming the basis for a cooperative program of R and D oriented to energy saving in the making of iron and steel. A timetable of work leading up to another meeting (October-November 1979) has been agreed, and this includes the development of detailed project descriptions, as well as the drafting of a proposed implementing agreement with its technical annexes. In summary, five working areas have been identified: surface inspection, surface conditioning, heat recovery, energy conversion and combustion, and material properties. A total of about 20 projects have been suggested, and it is hoped that sufficient detail will be provided on most of these to allow an acceptable implementing agreement to be developed within the next six months.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/31/1979., "alo-5076-t1", and Gordian Associates, Inc., New York (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14081497