Analysis of costs and scarce fuel savings associated with nine Eastern and North Central center city conversions to a district energy system [electronic resource].
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 68 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This study considers the major urbanized areas of nine US cities to arrive at rough estimates of costs required to retrofit them with district energy systems (DES). Only those costs associated with heating and hot water are addressed here. Demand estimates and energy-supply analyses are made, and component capital costs are estimated to arrive at annualized system costs. Finally, a comparison of alternative energy-delivery options is made, and estimates of scarce-fuel savings are derived. 49 references, 20 figures, 14 tables.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:anl/cnsv-tm-12
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Santini, D.J.; Bernow, S.S.; Davis, A.A.; Marder, S.M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14081870