Finding Fela / Jigsaw Productions presents in association with Knitting Factory Entertainment, Okayplayer and Okayafrica presents ; produced by Jack Gulick, Alex Gibney ; directed by Alex Gibney
- [United States] : Fela Films, 
New York, N.Y. : Kino Lorber, Inc.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (120 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Gibney, Alex
Fela, 1938-1997. Selections
Knitting Factory Entertainment (Firm)
Kino Lorber, Inc
Fela Films (Firm)
- Fela Anikulapo-Kuti created a new musical movement, Afrobeat, a combination of jazz, funk, and Nigerian percussion styles. It was also a political force, a propulsive delivery system of Fela's revolutionary ideas, pitched against the dictatorial Nigerian government of the 1970s and 1980s. His influence helped bring a tilt towards democracy in Nigeria and promoted Pan-Africanist politics to the world. The power and potency of Fela's music and message endure today.
- Sound Characteristics:
- digital optical surround Dolby
- Video File Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file DVD video region 1
- Special features: Eight extended interviews; Femi Kuti sax solo at the new Africa shrine; Podcast interview with director Alex Gibney; Stills gallery; Trailer.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 2014.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Maryse Alberti ; co-producer, Alison Ellwood ; editor, Lindy Jankura ; executive producers, Ruth & Stephen Hendel ; music composed by Fela Anikulapo-Kuti.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Fela Kuti, Femi Kuti, Paul McCartney, Questlove, Yeni Kuti, .
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen (1.78:1, 16x9) presentation, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround.
View MARC record | catkey: 14082684