Clinical dermatology / Richard B. Weller, Hamish J.A. Hunter, Margaret W. Mann
- Skin disease in perspective -- The function and structure of the skin -- Diagnosis of skin disorders -- Disorders of keratinization -- Psoriasis -- Other papulosquamous disorders -- Eczema and dermatitis -- Reactive erythemas and vasculitis -- Bullous diseases -- Connective tissue disorders -- Disorders of blood vessels and lymphatics -- Sebaceous and sweat gland disorders -- Regional dermatology -- Racial skin differences -- The skin at different ages -- Infections -- Infestations -- Skin reactions to light -- Disorders of pigmentation -- Skin tumours -- The skin in systemic disease -- Cosmetic dermatology -- The skin and the psyche -- Other genetic disorders.
- The best-selling text has been completely revised and revitalized in this fifth edition, with the authors once again encouraging general practitioners, medical students, general physicians and early stage dermatology specialist trainees and interns to relish the unique challenge of diagnosing and treating skin conditions. --, Clinical Dermatology, 5th edition contains over 400 high quality pictures and diagrams combined with colourful phrases to illustrate and entertain as it teaches. The book has established a reputation as a 'way of learning' and as an accessible guide to the subject for the aspiring specialist. Readers are guided through the maze that too often lies between the presenting skin complaint and its final diagnosis and treatment. The authors have skilfully crafted an easily read text with enough detail to clarify the subject, but not enough to obscure it. --, and This fifth edition contains new chapters on non-invasive physical treatment and dermoscopy, and new material on cosmetic dermatology, surgical dermatology, the skin and the psyche, and dermatoses of non-Caucasian skin. The text throughout the book has been updated in line with developments in the science and practice of dermatology. --Book Jacket.
- 9781118938164 electronic bk., 111893816X electronic bk., 9781118850978 electronic bk., 1118850971 electronic bk., 9781118851029, 1118851021, and 9780470659526 (pbk.)
- Preceded by Clinical dermatology / Richard P.J.B. Weller [and others]. 4th ed. 2008. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14084995