International Perspectives on the Assessment and Treatment of Sexual Offenders [electronic resource] : Theory, Practice and Research
- Boer, Douglas Peter, 1956-
- Hoboken : John Wiley & Sons, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1,423 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Eher, Reinhard, Craig, Leam, Miner, Michael (Michael H.), Pf & auml, and Fflin, Friedemann
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Dedication; About the Editors; List of Contributors; Poem by Moira Mpanza; Preface by William L. Marshall; References; Part I: Introduction to the International Field of Sexual Offender Assessment and Treatment; Chapter 1: Adult Sexual Offender Treatment -- Is It Effective?; References; Chapter 2: Adult Sexual Offender Assessment; Actuarial risk Assessment and Unstructured Clinical Judgment; Dynamic Risk Assessment and Criminogenic Need; Structured Clinical Assessment; Assessment of Risk Through Detailed Case Formulation (Functional Assessment); SORC Assessment., ConclusionsReferences; Chapter 3: Female Sexual Offenders; Prevalence of Female Sexual Offending; Characteristics of Female Sexual Offenders; Offending Characteristics; Offending Process Among Female Sexual Offenders; Assessment of Risk and Treatment Needs; Treatment; Conclusion; References; Part II: Sexual Offender Assessment: Issues and Applications; Chapter 4: International Comparisons of the Validity of Actuarial Risk Tools for Sexual Offenders, with a Focus on Static-99; Introduction; Model of Risk Assessment; Consistency of the Outcomes; Consistency of the Propensities., Consistency of the IndicatorsEmpirically Testing the International Generalizability of Static-99; Concluding Comments and Recommendations; References; Chapter 5: Structured Professional Guidelines: International Applications; Introduction; Structured Professional Judgment (SPJ) -- characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses; The Sexual Violence Risk-20 (SVR-20); The Risk for Sexual Violence Protocol (RSVP); The Assessment of Risk Manageability for Individuals with Developmental and Intellectual Limitations Who Offend -- Sexually (ARMIDILO-S)., Conclusions and future directions for international research and practiceReferences; Chapter 6: Assessing the Risk of Child Sexual Abuse in Litigious Families in the Family Court; Part two: risk Assessment Structure; Part three: Development of a Structured Decision Making System; An Application of the Model: A Case Study of "Sarah"; Conclusion; Acknowledgment; References; Chapter 7: Phallometric Assessment of Sexual Arousal; Introduction; The Penile Plethysmograph and its Procedures; Psychometric Properties; Reliability; Validity; Ethical Considerations; Alternatives., and Conclusion: Is there a Future?References; Chapter 8: Proxy Measures of Sexual Deviancy; Introduction; DSM-IV-TR paraphilia diagnoses; Alternatives; The nature of deviant sexual interest: unusual versus illegal; The degree of deviant sexual interest: any interest versus exclusive preference; Summarizing on sexual deviance; Proxy measures of sexual deviance; Self-report measures; Risk assessment instruments; Implicit measures; Penile plethysmography; Viewing-time measures; Implicit Association Task, IAT; Experimental proxy measures for sexual deviance; Conclusions; References.
- International Perspectives on the Assessment and Treatment of Sexual Offenders: Theory, Practice and Research provides the first truly global perspective on the assessment and treatment of sex offenders. Presents a comprehensive overview of current theories and practices relating to the assessment and treatment of sex offenders throughout the world, including the US, Europe, and AustralasiaCovers all the major developments in the areas of risk assessment, treatment, and managementIncludes chapters written by internationally respected practitioners and researchers experienced in working with se.
- 9781119990437, 1119990432, 9781119990420 (electronic bk.), and 1119990424 (electronic bk.)
- Chapter 9: Uses, Misuses, and Abuses of Risk Assessment with Sexual Offenders. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 14085016