Neonatal Pulmonary Graphics [electronic resource] : A Clinical Pocket Atlas / by Steven M. Donn, MD, Mark C. Mammel, MD.
- Donn, Steven M.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 175 pages 92 illustrations, 83 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Mammel, MD, Mark C. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Principles of Pulmonary Graphics -- 2. Intro to Waveforms -- 3. Flow Waveform -- 4. Pressure Waveform Description Normal Abnormal Overshoot Plateau -- 5. Volume Waveform -- 6. Changes in Ventilator Settings and Alterations in Scalar Tracings -- 7. Pressure-Volume Loop -- 8. Flow-Volume Loop -- 9. Trend screens -- 10. Clinical scenarios -- 11. Quiz.
- This pocket atlas explains how to use pulmonary graphics as a valuable adjunct for patient management. Actual patterns commonly encountered in neonatal practice are presented side-by-side with schematic illustrations that take apart the graphic and identify its key features, accompanied by brief explanatory text. The book addresses the principles of real-time pulmonary graphics, discusses waveforms and loops, and examines how both are affected by mechanical ventilation and disease states. A series of clinical cases brings key points to life.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 14085604