Ureteral Stone Management [electronic resource] : A Practical Approach / edited by Sutchin R. Patel, Stephen Y. Nakada
- Patel, Sutchin R.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- X, 220 pages 38 illustrations, 27 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Nakada, Stephen Y. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. History of Ureteral Stone Management -- 2. Radiology Imaging for Ureteral Stones -- 3. Radiation Exposure to the Patient and Urologist -- 4. Selecting the Appropriate Treatment Modality for Ureteral Calculi -- 5. Observation and Medical Expulsive Therapy.- 6. Shock Wave Lithotripsy for the Treatment of Ureteral Stones.- 7. Semirigid Ureteroscopy -- 8. Flexible Ureteroscopy -- 9. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy and Antegrade -- 10. Ureteral Stents -- 11. Adjunctive Equipment for Ureteral Stone Management -- 12. Tips and Tricks in the Treatment of Ureteral Stones -- 13. Difficult Case: The Impacted Ureteral Stone -- 14. Difficult Case: Ureteral Stricture Distal to a Stone.- 15. Complications in the Treatment of Ureteral Stones- Prevention and Management -- 16. Future Directions.
- Providing a complete updated roadmap to treating ureteral stones, Ureteral Stone Management: A Practical Approach presents newer topics focusing of the recent improvements in instrumentation and adjunctive equipments, managing radiation to both patient and urologist, as well as reviews of the most recent studies on urologic practices. Ureteral Stone Management: A Practical Approach assists the reader in a logical and step wise pathway for selecting the best treatment options and how to work through complications. This evidence-based text is valuable to all those working in the field of urology.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 14085924