Sensing Technology: Current Status and Future Trends III [electronic resource] / edited by Alex Mason, Subhas Chandra Mukhopadhyay, Krishanthi Padmarani Jayasundera
- Smart Sensors, Measurement and Instrumentation, 2194-8402 ; 11
- From the Contents: Review of the use of the optical fibers for safety applications in tunnels and car parks: pollution monitoring, fire and explosive gas detection -- Evanescent wave absorption based fiber-optic sensor - cascading of bend and tapered geometry for enhanced sensitivity -- Design of High-Resolution Optical Systems for Fast and Accurate Surface Reconstruction -- On the use of light sensors and pattern recognition techniques for automated detection of street lighting lamps.
- This book contains a collection of selected works stemming from the 2013 International Conference on Sensing Technology (ICST), which was held in Wellington, New Zealand. The purpose of the book is to distill the highlights of the conference, and therefore track the latest developments in sensing technologies. The book contents are broad, since sensors can be applied in many different areas. Therefore the book gives a broad overview of the latest developments, in addition to discussing the process through which researchers go through in order to develop sensors, or related systems, which will become more widespread in the future.The book is written for academic and industry professionals working in the field of sensing, instrumentation and related fields, and is positioned to give a snapshot of the current state of the art in sensing technology, particularly from the applied perspective.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 14086322