Diseases of the Spinal Cord [electronic resource] : Novel Imaging, Diagnosis and Treatment / edited by Elke Hattingen, Stefan Weidauer, Matthias Setzer, Johannes C. Klein, Frank Vrionis
- Hattingen, Elke
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- VI, 463 pages 262 illustrations, 77 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Weidauer, Stefan, Setzer, Matthias, Klein, Johannes C., Vrionis, Frank, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Part 1 Introduction -- Part 2 Anatomy of the spine and spinal cord -- Anatomy of spinal canal -- Structures of the spinal canal -- Part 3 Imaging methods -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Methods.- Advanced Imaging methods -- CSF Dynamics -- MR myelography -- Myelography and post-myelographic CT.- Part 4 Malformations of the spine -- Spinal malformations -- Part 5 Diseases of extramedullary origin -- Degenerative diseases -- Extramedullary space-occupying pathologies -- Spinal trauma -- Meningeal disorders -- Part 6 Diseases of the spinal cord -- Pathophysiological regards -- Inflammation of the spinal cord -- Metabolic-toxic diseases -- Gray matter diseases of the spinal cord -- Intramedullary Spinal Cord Tumors -- Vascular diseases of the spine and spinal cord -- Spinal cord infarction.
- Spinal cord imaging has significantly benefited from new MR imaging methods such as cardiac-gated diffusion-weighted imaging, diffusion tensor imaging with fiber tracking, and time-resolved MR angiography. Recent decades have also witnessed fundamental progress in understanding of the pathophysiology of vascular, metabolic, and inflammatory spinal cord diseases. Furthermore, neurosurgical procedures and endovascular treatments of spinal cord diseases have been improved and perfected to avoid severe neurological sequelae. This textbook provides an interdisciplinary overview of the new imaging modalities, identifies clues for MR imaging diagnosis and differential diagnosis, and describes the anatomical background required to understand spinal cord diseases. Important neurological symptoms are highlighted, and modern treatment options for different diseases are fully explained and discussed. High-quality illustrations, including numerous images, are provided for all important spinal cord diseases, documenting relevant anatomical details, special MR imaging methods, differential diagnoses, and possible treatment procedures.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 14086854