Audio-Visual Integration in Smooth Pursuit Eye Movements [electronic resource] / by Christian Wolf
- Wolf, Christian
- Wiesbaden : Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- X, 64 pages 11 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Audio-visual coherence -- Audio-visual velocity coherence -- The framework of optimal integration -- Audio-visual integration -- Smooth pursuit and motion perception -- Auditory localization of dynamic sounds.
- Christian Wolf shows that even with unreliable visual information, no auditory motion is integrated to guide smooth pursuit eye movements. This suggests that smooth pursuit eye movements are solely driven by visual motion information and motion information from other senses is disregarded. Contents Audio-visual coherence Audio-visual velocity coherence The framework of optimal integration Audio-visual integration Smooth pursuit and motion perception Auditory localization of dynamic sounds Target Groups Scientists and students of psychology and neuroscience Practitioners within the fields of cognitive ergonomics, human-computer interaction and neuropsychology The Author Christian Wolf is a PhD student at the department for General Psychology at the Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen. He works within the Collaborative Research Centre “Cardinal Mechanisms of Perception” on the control of eye movements by informational value.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 14086950