Photon Upconversion Nanomaterials [electronic resource] / by Fan Zhang
- Zhang, Fan
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- XIX, 416 pages 68 illustrations, 58 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Nanostructure Science and Technology, 1571-5744
- General Introduction to Upconversion Luminescence Materials -- "Wet" Chemical Synthesis and Manipulation of Upconversion Nanoparticles -- Upconversion luminescence of Lanthanide ions doped nanocrystals -- Upconversion Nanoparticle Based Nanocomposites -- Surface Modiﬁcation and Bioconjugation of Upconversion Nanoparticles -- Upconversion Nanoparticles for Biomedical Imaging -- The Applications of Upconversion Nanoparticles in Bioassay -- Upconversion Nanoparticles for Biosensing -- Upconversion Nanoparticles for Light Activated Therapy -- Upconversion nanoparticles for thermal sensing -- Upconversion nanoparticles for other applications -- Conclusions and Perspectives.
- This book introduces the latest advances made in both fundamental studies and potential applications of upconversion nanomaterials, particularly in the field of high-resolution in vitro bioanalysis and in vivo imaging. This book starts with the synthesis and characterization, and focuses on applications ranging from materials science to biology. Above all, it describes cutting-edge advances in upconversion nanophosphor (UCNP)-based applications in multiplexed encoding, guest delivery and release systems, photodynamic therapy (PDT), solar cells, photocatalysis and so on. The major barriers that currently prevent UCNPs from being used in mainstream applications are also presented in detail.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 14087124