Lampreys: Biology, Conservation and Control [electronic resource] : Volume 1 / edited by Margaret F. Docker
- Fish & Fisheries Series ; 37
- 1. Introduction: A Surfeit of Lampreys -- 2. The Taxonomy, Phylogeny, and Distribution of Lampreys -- 3. The Ecology of Larval and Metamorphosing Lampreys -- 4. Lamprey Metamorphosis -- 5. Lamprey Spawning Migration -- 6. Reproductive Ecology of Lamprey -- 7. The Reproductive Hypothalamic-Pituitary Axis in Lampreys -- 8. Conservation of Native Lampreys.
- The book provides the most comprehensive review of lamprey biology since Hardisty and Potter’s five-volume “The Biology of Lampreys” published more than 30 years ago. Published in two volumes, it includes contributions from international lamprey experts, reviewing and providing new insights into the evolution, general biology, and management of lampreys worldwide. This first volume offers up-to-date chapters on the systematics, general biology, conservation status, and conservation needs of lampreys. It will serve as an important reference for researchers working on any aspect of lamprey biology and fishery managers whose mandate is to control or conserve lamprey populations.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 14087370