U.S. Department of Energy's Siting Guidelines at 10 CFR 963 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2002.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has amended the policies under the Nuclear Waste Policy Act of 1982 for evaluating the suitability of Yucca Mountain, Nevada, as a site for development of a nuclear waste repository. The final rule at Title 10, Part 963 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR Part 963) focuses on the criteria and methodology to be used for evaluating relevant geological and other related aspects of the Yucca Mountain site. Consistent with the long standing policy to conform the DOE suitability guidelines for its nuclear waste repository program to licensing regulations of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), the DOE's criteria and methodology are consistent with the NRC's recently final regulations for licensing a nuclear waste repository at Yucca Mountain.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:831216
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Waste Management 2002 Symposium, Tucson, AZ (US), 02/24/2002--02/28/2002.
Murray, R. C.; Voegele, M. D.; Boyle, W. L.; Kouts, C. A.
View MARC record | catkey: 14088578