Benefits of improved environmental cooperation on a joint DoD/DOE facility [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Defense, 1995.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories
United States. Department of Defense
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Numerous Federal facilities within the US involve multiple government agencies that face overlapping environmental concerns. This paper highlights the benefits of looking beyond the strict letter of environmental regulations that might affect a single tenant or environmental site to cooperative environmental efforts that focus on the entire facility, consistent with the missions of participating agencies. Using Kirtland Air Force Base (AFB) as a model, seven areas of Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Energy (DOE) environmental cooperation are discussed that span technical, regulatory compliance, and administrative issues.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
21. national environmental symposium and exhibition, San Diego, CA (United States), 17-21 Apr 1995.
Gibson, J.D.; Pratt, G.K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14090593