Sandia scientists enhancing K-12 education [electronic resource] : How we`ve done it and what we`ve learned
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Sandia National Laboratories became seriously involved in the science education reform movement in 1989 in response to a Department of Energy directive: ``We must expand our involvement in science education to inspire the youth of American to either enter or feel more comfortable in the fields of math, science and engineering. With our labs and facilities we are uniquely well positioned to provide major assistance in strengthening science and engineering motivation and education, making it `come alive` for the main body of students who too often fear these disciplines or who cannot relate to them``. (Adm. James D. Watkins, U.S. Sec`t. of Energy, 9/5/89)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Sigma Xi forum for scientists educators and national standards on action at the local level,Atlanta, GA (United States),14-15 Apr 1994.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14090836