Mississippi DOE EPSCoR planning grant. Final report [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Mississippi DOE EPSCoR planning grant committee identified four focus areas for a proposal submitted on March 1, 1993 to the DOE: Human Resource Development, Clean Coal for Fluidized Bed Coal Combustion, Environmental Restoration and Waste Management, and Energy Efficient Heat Transfer Equipment and Materials. In the human resources area, efforts were undertaken to identify and develop linkages with educational institutions, national laboratories, and industries and to identify strategies for attracting and involving students in areas leading to technical careers. The clean coal project was directed toward beneficiating coals, measuring efficiencies of the various beneficiation methods, measuring the flue gas components both before and after beneficiations, and modeling the production of soot and of NOₓ and SOₓ. The environmental restoration project was focused on methods to sample and characterize waste dump sites at nuclear processing plants and on ways to convert the waste into safe materials. In the energy efficient heat transfer area, analytical and experimental investigations were planned to increase the efficiency of heat exchangers and insulating materials.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/er/75676--2
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Mississippi State Univ., MS (United States)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 01/01/1991 - 12/31/1993
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14091726