High performance computing and communications [electronic resource] : FY 1996 implementation plan
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1995. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 160 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC) Program was formally authorized by passage of the High Performance Computing Act of 1991, signed on December 9, 1991. Twelve federal agencies, in collaboration with scientists and managers from US industry, universities, and research laboratories, have developed the Program to meet the challenges of advancing computing and associated communications technologies and practices. This plan provides a detailed description of the agencies` HPCC implementation plans for FY 1995 and FY 1996. This Implementation Plan contains three additional sections. Section 3 provides an overview of the HPCC Program definition and organization. Section 4 contains a breakdown of the five major components of the HPCC Program, with an emphasis on the overall directions and milestones planned for each one. Section 5 provides a detailed look at HPCC Program activities within each agency.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/16/1995., "doe/er/25232--t1-pt.4", " nco-hpcc--95-03", "DE99000176", and National Coordination Office for High Performance Computing and Communications, Bethesda, MD (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14092461