An approach to establishing cooperative R&D projects with Russian Institutes [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- An important part of technology exchange between the US and the former Soviet Union is the identification and implementation of cooperative projects that benefit both Russia and the US. The US Department of Energy and its laboratories have established an approach to identify potential technologies that can contribute to solving US environmental problems and to establish projects for enhancing technology development. This approach consists of screening technologies for US applications, conducting small-scale pilot projects with Russian scientists to evaluate the validity of mechanisms for larger projects, helping develop direct communication between US and Russian scientists who are developing these technologies, and implementing major projects in specific technology development areas. A recent example of this approach is the initiation of projects between the Khlopin Radium Institute and DOE through Sandia National Laboratories and SAIC. This effort has resulted in not only enhanced technology for the US but has also provided an example for future cooperative projects.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Waste management `94: working towards a cleaner environment,Tucson, AZ (United States),27 Feb - 3 Mar 1994.
Albert, T.; Hunter, T.; Fryberger, T.; Romanovsky, V.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14093797