Applying the resources of a national laboratory to support US competitiveness [electronic resource] : A focus on cooperative R & D agreements
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs, 1990.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (11 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, United States. Department of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Recent legislation mandated the improvement of national competitiveness as a mission of the defense programs of the US Department of Energy. As a consequence, technology transfer --- the process of transferring commercially valuable technologies developed under government sponsorship to industry for commercialization --- is becoming an important emphasis at many DOE laboratories. Technology transfer processes take many forms, and there are different perspectives on how to approach this activity. In this paper, a taxonomy of technology transfer processes at a national laboratory is presented. In addition, the focus and rationale of Sandia National Laboratories' unique new initiative called the Technology Maturation Program is discussed. This program is designed to complete one essential element of technology transfer that advanced technologies toward commercial applications to the point that industry is willing to assume the investment risk. Strategies and program plans designed to improve the effectiveness of Sandia's contribution to enhancing US industry's competitive position in world markets are also presented.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand-90-1796c
E 1.99: conf-9006221--1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Annual technology transfer society meeting, Dayton, OH (USA), 28 Jun 1990.
Arvizu, D. E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14094312