The Strategic Petroleum Reserve [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Office of Fossil Energy, 1991.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (16 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Office of Fossil Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Strategic Petroleum Reserve program was set into motion by the 1975 Energy Policy and Conservation Act (EPCA). By 1990, 590 million barrels of oil had been placed in storage. Salt domes along the Gulf Coast offered ideal storage. Both sweet'' and sour'' crude oil have been acquired using various purchase options. Drawdown, sale, and distribution of the oil would proceed according to guidelines set by EPCA in the event of a severe energy supply disruption. (SM)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
USDOE Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy, Washington, DC (USA)
View MARC record | catkey: 14094939