Development and implementation of computer assistance for cost estimating [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The development of the LACCE, the Los Alamos computerized cost estimating system, is described. During the life of this development, complexity has oscillated back and forth between bare necessity and luxurious wants. As presently structured, LACCE offers the user a power that has been proven beneficial in LASL operations. The complexity involved has been well masked and exists largely on the computer side so that the user is comfortably unaware. The atmosphere of the environment during this development should be noted as highly significant in the success. Management, estimators and systems designers have worked side-by-side; management interest in the success of the venture was understood by all; and skills and expertise overlapped to form a chain with no missing links. It is apparent that LACCE is not complete. More powerful means of modeling and data base maintenance are foreseen already, as well as code simplification, but the existing system gives LASL managers the ability to make much better decisions than just a few years ago.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-78-2171
E 1.99: conf-781032-1
- Published through SciTech Connect.
5. cost engineering congress, Utrecht, Netherlands, 30 Oct 1978.
Spooner, J.E.; Stutz, R.A.; Orr, H.D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14094952