Battery resource assessment. Interim report No. 1. Battery materials demand scenarios [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 54 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Projections of demand for batteries and battery materials between 1980 and 2000 are presented. The estimates are based on existing predictions for the future of the electric vehicle, photovoltaic, utility load-leveling, and existing battery industry. Battery demand was first computed as kilowatt-hours of storage for various types of batteries. Using estimates for the materials required for each battery, the maximum demand that could be expected for each battery material was determined.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/ch/10026-t4
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Hittman Associates, Inc., Columbia, MD (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14096169