Solar Energy Meteorological Research and Training Site [electronic resource] : Region 5. Annual report, 1 October 1978-30 September 1979
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 32 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The field observing facility of the primary research centre located at Oregon State University, Corvallis, is now fully operational, and research quality solar radiation and allied meteorological data have been routinely acquired since February 1979. The five-site, statewide network of solar monitoring stations located at Bend, Coos Bay, Eugene, La Grande, and Whitehorse Ranch has continued to function smoothly. A study of the response characteristics of radiation sensors, mainly of the thermopile type, has been completed. Also, the dependence of the accuracy of the computed values of irradiation on the sampling rate has been examined. Two solar energy related courses - one at the senior level and the other at the advanced graduate level - were taught. Seminars on different topics in the broad discipline of solar radiation meteorology, were arranged.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1980., "doe/et/20172-2", Rao, C.R.N.; Hewson, E.W., and Oregon State Univ., Corvallis (USA). Dept. of Atmospheric Science
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14096403