Hot dry rock geothermal resource ownership and the law [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1979. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 42 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A basis is provided for changing the design of some legislative definitions of geothermal energy to allow the emergence and implementation of a hot dry rock geothermal energy-producing technology. A study of existing federal and state geothermal statutes has been conducted to determine the extent to which legislation acts to constrain the commercialization of this particular technology. A definitional problem has been identified and a solution presented. This report clarifies the distinctions between the several geothermal resources, describes the recognized resource ownership problem and present state of the law, and presents a solution for consideration including a discussion that establishes the reasons for change.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1979., "la-8027-hdr", and McNamara, J.J.; Kaufman, E.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14097441