Identification of energy and environmental issues in the South [electronic resource] : views of officials from selected state agencies
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1978. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 89 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report is a compilation of energy and environmental issues identified by state and regional agencies in 14 southern states. The issues will be considered for inclusion in future energy technology assessments being planned by the Office of Technology Impacts, Department of Energy. In order to ensure that the planned assessments will be useful to state and regional agencies as well as to the Federal sponsoring agencies, ORNL has contacted energy and environmental agencies in the southern region and solicited their input into the planning of these assessments. In all, 166 persons representing 65 state and regional agencies in 14 states were visited by ORNL personnel in order to collect information for this report. This report contains a listing of selected issues that might be included in planned national assessments for coal, petroleum and natural gas, nuclear, geothermal/geopressure, and solar energy. The issues identified are not intended to be exhaustive. Rather they represent a cross section of current key issues identified by representatives of energy and environmental agencies contacted in the region.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/01/1978., "ornl/tm-6280", and Boercker, F. D.; Davis, R. M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14097954