Historical survey of nuclear fuel utilization in U.S. LWR power plants. Final report [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1979. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 64 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The present study was performed for the US Department of Energy, under Contract DE-AC-01-79ER10020, for the purpose of describing and assessing US experience in fuel burnup and resource utilization over the past 16 years of light water reactor (LWR) power plant operation. The assessment is based on actual spent-fuel-unloading historical data for 55 plants from 1962 through the end of 1978. In assessing these data, some particular data points were eliminated in order that the results might be more representative of zirconium clad UO/sub 2/ fuel assemblies typical of modern LWR technology.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/01/1979., "doe/er/10020-t1", " ssa-122", Turner, S.E.; Hancock, R.P.; Elgin, W.J., and Southern Science Applications, Inc., Dunedin, FL (US)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 08/01/1979 - 08/01/1979
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14098121