The art of healing : uncovering your inner wisdom and potential for self-healing / Bernie S. Siegel, MD ; with Cynthia J. Hurn
- Siegel, Bernie S.
- Novato, California : New World Library, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 227 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Hurn, Cynthia
- Machine generated contents note: ch. 1 The Doctor's Awakening -- ch. 2 Source, Significance, and Validity of Symbols -- ch. 3 The-Power of Visualization -- ch. 4 Dreams: The Brain's Creative Workshop -- ch. 5 Drawings: When Conscious and Unconscious Disagree -- ch. 6 Interpreting the Drawings -- ch. 7 Animals, Psychics, and Intuitives -- ch. 8 Laugh Out Loud -- ch. 9 Fake It Till You Make It -- ch. 10 Words Can Kill or Cure -- ch. 11 Choose Lift -- ch. 12 End-of-Life Transitions -- ch. 13 Spirituality: Feed Your Invisible Self.
- "In 1979, Siegel, a successful surgeon, took a class from Elisabeth Kübler-Ross that focused on crayon drawing for healing, especially with patients facing life-threatening disease. Siegel incorporated these techniques - many of which were laughed at by others in the medical community. But his Exceptional Cancer Patients' "carefrontation" protocol facilitated healings, often deemed miraculous, and attracted attention. Dr. Bernie found and shared the fact that while patients might need antibiotics, surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy, their bodies also want to heal. This innate propensity could be aided by unconventional practices, including drawing. Why? Drawing produces symbols often representing the subconscious. Siegel shows how to interpret drawings to help with everything from why we are sick to treatment decisions and communications with loved ones. All those facing ill-health, and those caring for them, personally and professionally, will welcome the hands-on, patient-proven practices offered here"--
"Complementary approaches to healing pioneered in the author's career as a surgeon working with cancer patients. Siegel shows ways to access the subconscious mind's guidance, involving dreams, intuition, and, as introduced to him by Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, drawing pictures, and suggests healing strategies, including visualization, laughter, and connection with animals"--
- 9781608681853 (pbk.)
- Description based on surrogate.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 207-211) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14098376