Introduction to real analysis [electronic resource] : an educational approach / William C. Bauldry
- Bauldry, William C.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 262 pages) : illustrations
- Elementary calculus -- Fermat, Descartes, and the tangent problem -- Euler and the "Basel problem" -- A brief introduction to Lebesgue theory -- The set of rational numbers is very large and very small -- Special topics -- Appendix A : Definitions & theorems of elementary real analysis -- Appendix B : A brief calculus chronology -- Appendix C : Projects in real analysis.
- An accessible introduction to real analysis and its connection to elementary calculus Bridging the gap between the development and history of real analysis, Introduction to Real Analysis: An Educational Approach presents a comprehensive introduction to real analysis while also offering a survey of the field. With its balance of historical background, key calculus methods, and hands-on applications, this book provides readers with a solid foundation and fundamental understanding of real analysis. The book begins with an outline of basic calculus, including a close examination of problems illust.
- 9781118164433 (electronic bk.)
1118164431 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 14098384