From terrorism to politics [electronic resource] / Anisseh van Engeland and Rachael M. Rudolph
- Ethics and global politics
- The transition process / Rachael M. Rudolph -- A successful 'turn over': the African National Congress moves from sabotage to a legitimate political force and from apartheid to democracy / Anisseh Van Engeland -- Hezbollah: from a terrorist group to a political party -- social work as a key to politics / Anisseh Van Engeland -- Political movements in the making: the Irish Republican Army and Sinn Féin / Anisseh Van Engeland -- A political movement to make peace or war? Euskadi Ta Askatasuna (ETA) and Batasuna -- the impossible truce / Anisseh Van Engeland -- The Islamic Jihad movement in Palestine: a wild card in Palestinian politics? / Rachael M. Rudolph -- The Islamic salvation front: transition FIS-style / Rachael M. Rudolph -- Failed attempts: the Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia (FARC) and the Union Patriotica (UP) / Anisseh Van Engeland -- Transition in the Philippines: the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF), the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) and Abu Sayyaf's Group (ASG) / Rachael M. Rudolph -- Terrorism all the way! Nihilist groups: the example of Al Qaeda / Anisseh Van Engeland -- Conclusion: Toward a transition theory and its implications / Rachael M. Rudolph.
- 0754689824 (electronic bk.) and 9780754689829 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -210) and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 14098564