Method meets art : arts-based research practice / Patricia Leavy
- Leavy, Patricia, 1975-
- Additional Titles:
- Arts-based research practice
- New York ; London : The Guilford Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 328 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Social research and the creative arts : an introduction -- Narrative inquiry and fiction-based research -- Poetic inquiry -- Music as method -- Dance and movement as inquiry -- Theatre, drama, and film -- The visual arts -- Evaluation criteria for arts-based research -- Bridging the art-science divide.
- "This book presents the first comprehensive introduction to arts-based research (ABR) practices, which scholars in multiple disciplines are fruitfully using to reveal information and represent experiences that traditional methods cannot capture. Each of the six major ABR genres/m-/narrative inquiry, poetry, music, performance, dance, and visual art/m-/is covered in chapters that introduce key concepts and tools and present an exemplary research article by a leading ABR practitioner. Patricia Leavy discusses the kinds of research questions these innovative approaches can address and offers practical guidance for applying them in all phases of a research project, from design and data collection to analysis, interpretation, representation, and evaluation. Chapters include checklists to guide methodological decision making, discussion questions, and recommended print and online resources"
- 9781462513321 (paperback)
- PSUCOM Qualitative and Mixed Methods Collection
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 14098940