Unified fields : science and literary form / Janine Rogers
- Rogers, Janine
- Additional Titles:
- Science and literary form
- Montreal & Kingston ; Ithaca : McGill-Queen's University Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 235 pages ; 23 cm
- pt. 1. Formal strategies for literature and science -- Literary form and science -- Turtles, giants, dwarves, and pearls : the Poiesis of science and literature -- pt. 2. Poetry -- Beauty bare : the sonnet form, geometry, and aesthetics -- Life forms : Elizabeth Bishop's "Sestina" and DNA structure -- The matter of matter : the atomic sequences of Shane Rhodes and Edwin Morgan -- pt. 3. Prose -- Beautiful infestations : Margaret Atwood's Cat's eye, entomology, and the superorganism -- Crazy love : Ronald Wright's A scientific romance in time -- The grandeur in this view of life : consciousness and literary form in Ian McEwan's Saturday.
- Through a series of close readings of poetry and prose, Unified Fields demonstrates that formal structures in literature can relate to scientific concepts through their essential interpretive functions.--Provided by publisher
- 9780773544222 (bound)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14098995