Perfluorinated quaternary ammonium salts of polyoxometalate anions [electronic resource] : Fluorous biphasic oxidation catalysis with and without fluorous solvents
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2003.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Perfluorinated quaternary ammonium cations, [CF₃(CF₂)₇(CH₂)₃]₃CH₃N⁺ (RFN⁺), were synthesized and used as counter cations for the [WZnM₂(H₂O)₂(ZnW₉O₃₄)₂]¹²⁻ (M = Mn(II), Zn(II)), polyoxometalate. The (RFN⁺)₁₂[WZnM₂(H₂O)₂(ZnW9O₃₄)₂] compounds were fluorous biphasic catalysts for alcohol and alkenol oxidation, and alkene epoxidation with aqueous hydrogen peroxide. Reaction protocols with or without a fluorous solvent were tested. The catalytic activity and selectivity was affected both by the hydrophobicity of the solvent and the substrate.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:lbnl--52782
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Fish, Richard H.; Maayan, Galia; Neumann, Ronny.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14100292