Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy studies of lithium diffusion in doped manganese oxide [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 2 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Cathode performance is critical to lithium ion rechargeable battery performance; effects of doping lithium manganese oxide cathode materials on cathode performance are being investigated. In this paper, Li diffusion in Al-doped LiMn₂O₄ was studied and found to be controlled by the quantity of Al dopant. Electrochemical cycling was conducted at 0.5mA/cm₂; electrochemical impedance spectra were taken at open circuit potential, with impedance being measured at 65 kHz-0.01 Hz. As the Al dopant level was increased, the Li diffusion rate decreased; this was attributed to the decreased lattice parameter of the doped oxide.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
8. international meeting on lithium batteries, Nagoya (Japan), 16-21 Jun 1996.
Johnson, B.J.; Voigt, J.A.; Doughty, D.H.; Boyle, T.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14100819