Effects of water on compressed air energy storage in porous rock reservoirs [electronic resource].
- Columbus, Ohio : Battelle Memorial Institute, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 102 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Battelle Memorial Institute and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The objective of the analysis was to quantify the magnitudes of the potential effects of residual water on the operation of an aquifer CAES facility. This was done by numerically solving the conservation equations describing the transport of mass and energy in the reservoir. The results of the analysis provided reservoir behavior in terms of pressure, flow rate, temperature, humidity, and residual water conditions as functions of time. The change in response of the reservoir to variation of residual water content, injection air humidity and injection air temperature demonstrates the impact of these parameters.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:pnl-2869
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14101094